TechNode reported on WeChat’s impressive social impact.
- WeChat-driven information consumption reached RMB 209. 7 billion
- WeChat accounted for 34% of the total data traffic of users
- WeChat drove RMB 333.9 billion traditional consumption, covering travel, food, shopping, tourism, etc.
- WeChat contributed the employment of 20.3 million persons in 2017, more than twice the 2014 figure
- The number of stores accepting WeChat Payment in Japan was multiplied by 35 in 2017
Of note are the following:
WeChat-driven consumption in traditional sectors of the economy has also been rising exponentially, rising 22.2% in 2017 to 333.9 billion RMB.
More importantly, it is so easy to set a regular donation through your WeChat Pay, as showed by 40.3% users who donate to charity via WeChat.